Andong: The First Mountaineering Impression

by - Oktober 20, 2017

Welcome back to my blog. This time, I posted about my first mountainering impression two years ago
in Andong. It was located in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia. Well, happy reading :)

Actually I wasn’t like mountaineering. I won't get tired in a place that not easy to go through. I also didn’t like to be dirty. Like most women, I prefer to go shopping or just take a walk in the Mall. One day, my classmate asked me to have mountaineering during our vacation. All the equipment already prepared. We just have to pay and go. According to her, Andong peak was a suitable place for novice climbers like us. Beside the harmless terrain, Andong Peak is not too high (Actually only 1726 amsl).  Since I had no plan in my vacation, finally I decided to join them.

May 1St, 2015 we hit the road in early morning from Kebumen by motorbikes. I felt excited because this would be my first mountaineering experience. Along the way, I listened to my friend's stories about his unforgettable mountaineering experience. He and his friends had climbed a mountain around 3000 amsl high.  Since it was the first time, they had a guide to help them. The guide drove them up the wall with choosing off the beaten track that difficult to go through. They should crawl on slippery and sandy track. Looking at another route (he said when he crawled he could see people on other routes) walked more easily made them upset. Some female climbers cried and decided not to continue the journey. When he crawled, he found a monument to memoriam someone who had died at that place. Suddenly he remembered that he never tell his parent before he was going. He was afraid that his parents did not permit him. He intended to tell his parents after returning. Seeing the memoriam monument made him cry and afraid that he would be in the same boat. He was afraid that he never go home again. He was afraid that his memoriam monument would be there. After he finished his story, I asked him whether he got the permission from his parents or not. You know? He didn’t get his parent’s permission again. Lol. Oh no! He still did the same.

We arrived at the post around 2 pm and then we filled out the data. Since weekend, it was crowded. We took a long time to reach the peak because almost of us was girl. We arrived at the peak at dusk. We look for a suitable place for building a tent. Some of us cooked noodles and then we were playing truth and dare until the late night. At that time the sky was cloudy and a little drizzle. We decided to sleep. That was my first experience using sleeping bags. I still felt cold. Lol.

We wake up at dawn. After stepping out of the tent, I looked at the beautiful golden rise and flickering light in the countryside (at night I couldn’t see it because it's covered in cloudy). I also looked some clouds was stuck on the peak made me feel like in a country on the clouds. We didn't want to miss that moment without a trace. We acquainted with some people, made them as friends, and took picture together.































After satisfied, we decided to dismantle the tent and packed our belonging (included our trash). When you in the mountain (actually not only mountain but also in public places), please don't leave anything except traces and memories. Don't take anything except photos, and don't kill anything except time.

Due to the rain last night, the track when we were going down was slippery so we should more carefully to pass. The thing what I like most from mountaineering was helping each other no matter who I was and no matter who they were. We helped anyone who needs help. Mountaineering also taught me not to give up for what you stand for. There will a beautiful peak as a gift from our hard work. Salam Lestari!

You May Also Like

0 comments